It doesn't seem like much has been going on around here lately, but it's safe to say we've been keeping busy. Porter has been loving doing yard work with his Papa, in his safety hat. 
My parents next door neighbors, much to their chagrin, have chickens and the first thing Porter wants my dad to do when he gets there is take him to see the "cadoos". We bought a zoo pass so Porter and I can frequent he zoo. We can bring guests, so if you ever want to make a day of it, let us know. Here is Porter with our last guests.On another fun note, he is talking so much more and it is hilarious. Most people have names now, some are more fond of theirs than others. Trent's name is dirt, and although my mother would echo that name, he is not that fond of it. He has also learned the ways of manipulation with his grandparents. When I tell him no, he will immediately go find nanny to see if she will do what he wants.
Tom and I have been keeping pretty busy as well. I just got back from girls camp, which was so much fun! We are getting ready for the Bryce Canyon half marathon in two weeks. And after meeting with the back doctor last week, this will be my final time running unless I want to have surgery in my back. So this is my final hurrah! Sad, but I will accept it if it can hold off surgery for another couple of years. We had our ten miler on Saturday, after which Tom and I sustained some unforseen and at least for Tom, unmentionable minor injuries. I think I bruised the bottom of my feet. Is that possible? But we are looking forward to the next months of summer since we haven't really been experiencing it yet.

2 comments:
Our Zoo pass will get us into the Hogle Zoo for free too... let's plan a trip for the first week of September! Sound good?
That's hilarious that Trent is called 'dirt' - oh man, Porter is so cute.
Do turkeys have some kind of charm on Porter? I was just thinking we needed to go to the zoo...can we plan sometime?
Post a Comment