As my due date is slowly approaching, (only 2 months left!) I have begun to worry about exactly what I will do with Miko. She has been the spoiled baby in our lives for so long, I think she will get insanely jealous and deeply depressed when she is dethroned. We had a dog trainer come evaluate her yesterday who commented on what a head strong stubborn dog she is, so this is something we will definitely have to work on. I've seen her play with Sisi and she seems to understand that she needs to be gentle, but she is too curious with babies to leave them alone. And already Tom and I have seem that we will have a problem with Miko eating diapers, chewing on bottles, and licking the babies face. This will definitely be an adventure!
Oh, and speaking of the baby. He is now 3 1/2 lbs and growing quickly! (that is now only 1/2 pound over the average, so he is not so big anymore). I had another ultrasound on Monday and everything looks exactly perfect! We are so excited!
P.S. Let me explain the picture. I found this costume at Old Navy and couldn't resist it for Halloween. It fits perfectly since Miko thinks she is a princess.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Soon to be the Queen No More
Posted by Jess at 2:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Miko is so big now!
That is one issue I haven't had to face--dog vs. baby. I just had the toddler vs. baby and it was hard enough :) Good luck on that one...
And Miko is adorable in her princess costume--take her out for Halloween!!
Jess,
I found your blog through Jon and Ang and bringing baby home is so depressing for the poor dog. I think our dog went into depression when we brought Eliza home. They are now best friends but it took a while for her to adjust to the idea of being "De-Throned". Good luck with everything and your new little baby.
You dog is so cute. It might be a little adventure at the beginning combining the baby and dog, but it will be great, because the dog will be great entertainment for the little one. I am so happy to hear that everything is going well, and that the baby looks perfect. It always makes me feels so good when I go in and hear the heart beat. I cannot wait for you. I hope you continue to feel well, and please keep me updated on how it all is going!
Christi would be a good person to talk to about this. I know that her puppy Sugar was in charge before Joshua's arrival. I can't believe he is almost here. When is the shower? Who can I help throw it?
cute Miko. I love the costume and especially the crown. We have a bee costume for Coco. Hopefully Miko will get over being depressed for a couple of weeks and she will probably be friends with your little one after awhile...like a year. just teasing. I don't know. Here's to hoping!
You need to go to Babystrology.com and put a countdown on your blog so I can see how big he is and how many days you have left.
Post a Comment