Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dreams, or rather Nightmares Really Do Come True

Call it pregnant intuition, but maybe those crazy dreams I have been having mean a little more than I thought. Probably I'm just paranoid, but my crazy dream about Tommy losing his job came to light. Don't worry though, I hardly believe that means that we will be evicted from our house. (see below) I guess sometimes the Lord works in mysterious ways. I thought we didn't move into the Lindon home was because something better was in store, but really, it was just to help prepare us for what was to come. Tom lost his job yesterday, but on the bright side, we didn't blow all our savings on the down payment for the Lindon home and have a higher house payment and live further away which would cost us more in gas and maybe I can talk my doctor into inducing me if this baby even thinks about coming late so that my insurance will still be in effect. And surprisingly, I am not even worried. Once again, it must be a side effect of pregnancy because that is not like me, but Tom already has some great prospects thanks to the connections of Neil and Carl, so I'm sure all will be well. But seriously, how often do your dreams, or rather nightmares, come true?

10 comments:

Erika said...

Jess, I'm so sorry. That is awful. Tell Tom we are sorry and I hope everything will be fine...I'm sure it will. You guys are so great and positive. Love you lots.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so sorry to hear the news! But I am glad that you don't seem too worried about it. This housing market is crazy right now and I didn't even think about it affecting Tommy. Isn't it amazing how the Lord watches out for us in ways we can't tell (like you not selling the house which seemed like a bummer at the time but now makes so much sense). We missed you the other night at the cooking event!

Carrie said...

Jess--oh this news is not fun--I am so sorry. But I am happy to hear how calm you are about things and confident that all will work out well (I will keep you guys in my prayers) And hopefully this will for sure mean that baby Porter can come right on time if not a few days early right? :) Love you guys.

Krista said...

Hey, this is what happened to us too! Let's just say after the initial shock of it, it turned out to be a great change for Johnny and he likes his jobs even better than before. So, I hope this turns out to be a blessing for you guys too. I'm glad that you are cool about it too. Hooray for inductions (if you really need it) and insurance. :)

Ang said...

I am so sorry about that! But I am way impressed that you are staying calm and not stressing! Very impressive!

Ali said...

Jess,
Good news about Dr. Rappleye is he is in favor of elective inductions for first time Mom's if he believes your body is ready for labor. I have more details on that subject if you're interested since he delivered Eliza early. As others have said, your attitude is impressive and no doubt Tom will land a great job. It's exciting and nerve racking how life's path can change when you least expect it! Best of luck.

Bobbi said...

Sorry to hear the news, Jess. Crazy that you dreamed about it first! It's good that you are feeling peaceful about it and that you were "blessed" to not get the Lindon home.
We missed you at cooking night, but understand the tiredness factor of late pregnancy. Take care!

Unknown said...

Jess, we are sorry to hear about Tom! I am so impressed with your attitude - no more nightmares okay! Tom obviously has a great resume and your feeling of peace is a good sign that all will be well. I am so impressed with your attitude. That's a huge sign that things are going to be great for you guys in the close as well as far future. How is the baby?!

Natalie said...

I am really sorry. I am sure you will be blessed though. Like you said things happen for a reason in a weird way. It is good that tom has some good prospects though. I really hope none of your other nightmares come true.

Shawna Wilson said...

Jess...same thing totally happened to us two months ago! The market in the housing world is such a mess right now and Robbie got laid off out of nowhere! You are definitely handling it better than I did, but we ended up just fine and Robbie got a great job. Just stay strong and have some faith and Heavenly Father won't let you down!