First of all, let me assure you all that I would not just have a baby and fail to call anyone. Which is why I am writing another update. It is getting a little frustrating to get phone calls and texts every five seconds asking if the baby is here. The one thing I have to do in this pregnancy, (give birth) I apparently am failing at. Oh, and has anyone else noticed that my baby counter on the right is now beginning to count upwards again? Four days until baby, um no, try four days since the baby should have been here.
Well, Tommy and I went to the doctor this morning. Not surprisingly, I had not progressed much. The doctor originally told me we could look at inducing me on Thursday, but I think after the look he saw on my face, he decided to offer Wednesday as a possible induction date. After realizing that that still wasn't good enough, he consented to bring me in Tuesday night to begin the cervitil treatment. For those of you from the older generation of birthing, this is different from pitocin and takes about 6-8 hours to induce labor so they give it to you in the evening and expect action to begin early in the morning. So hopefully the baby will come Wednesday morning! From the beginning of my pregnancy, my brother Justin told me that I would have this baby December 5th. Kinda scary that he is going to be right. We will keep everyone posted and be sure to upload pictures of the newest addition to our family.
Monday, December 3, 2007
One Final Update
Posted by Jess at 11:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
good job on giving the dr the "face" that meant business! We're so excited for you.
ditto on Krista's comment--that Dr. better take moms seriously! Thanks for posting--I have been thinking about you all day but knew you would call if there was big news :) Yay for tomorrow night and getting this show on the road!!!
I'm glad I didn't text you today, but I thought about it! Frustrating, but I'm glad he's going to induce you! YEAH! Let us know if we can do anything for you or bring you anything. We are super close...let me know.
Good luck tonight Jess! You have been a trooper but it looks like the end is finally in sight. Can't wait for pictures!
Today is Wednesday! Yay! I am thinking about you and praying all goes well :) Let us know if you want Andrew to come take a look at your disabled vehicle. He's gifted like that.
Post a Comment