Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sick of Being Sick


Not much has been going on lately here in the LeBaron household. Porter and I have been MIA passing our sickness back and forth three times over. Lucky for me, Porter loves Tommy way more than me which allowed Tom to enjoy being thrown up on more than once this past week. It is amazing what can come out of a kid who only drinks a bottle. We are now both on antibiotics, me for the second time and Porter for two giant ear infections so hopefully we are on the mend. It is pretty sad when your little one is sick, but there is a part of me that loves that all he wants to do is cuddle. He has been so sleepy lately. Today at four o'clock in the afternoon he found his pajamas and brought them to me. I started playing peekaboo with him, but obviously that was not the response he was looking for. Turns out the kids wanted to get in his pajamas because he was wanting to go to bed. Here he is at 4:30, poor little boy.

If any of you know tom or I you know then that he is his parents child who loves to go to bed early. As referenced to the pajamas, Porter has developed quite an opinion, especially about what he wears. He prefers his Lightning McQueen Crocs to any of his other shoes. He brings them to me in the morning when he wants to leave the house and gets really upset when I try to put on any other pair. He has certain pairs of pajamas he likes over others and when I put one pair on he brings me another pair. Who knew that a one year old could have such an opinion, and about clothes?

Here is Porter playing with Justin in the snow.

8 comments:

Krista said...

get better soon! I hope you made it to your quilting class. Kai is particular about putting his shoes ON in the house. It doesn't matter which mostly but he just wants them on and it's way annoying. I'm sure Porter is just plain sweet about his opinion and wants. ;)

KACI JOHNSON said...

Being sick is the pits. I hope you guys start feeling better soon!!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry you guys have been sick, how much throw up can come out of a little kid is amazing! Hope you feel better!!

Maggie said...

Sorry you guys are sick :(. I hope to hear of your recovery soon.

Carrie said...

I can't believe you guys keep passing the sickness back and forth--that is the worst! I usually just wait for things to cycle through: from kid to kid and then me and then it's finally gone. I am so sorry--that doesn't sound fun. But Porter bringing you his PJs because he was so tired is such a cute story :) I hope you'll be on the mend soon!

Jess said...

Oh I am sorry you guys have been sick, it is no fun when you keep passing it back and forth!! I LOVE that Porter has such an opinion on what to wear!, so cute!!!

Ang said...

ha ha, Jess, I totally watch Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, 90210, and Priveleged. I just didn't list them all because that would have been way too embarrassing! I hope you guys are feeling better!

Andrew and Ariel said...

Poor LeBarons! Hope you're feeling better! That's sweet how he brings you his pajamas.