Is apparently not enough for our family. Thank goodness for Dr. Payne! This past week or two has been tons of fun in the LeBaron household. My back was really acting up so I finally gave in and went to see my grandpa about it. He sent me to have an MRI (which by the way, if you have never had one is a horrible experience) and it turns out I have Degenerative Disc Disease. I'm not entirely sure all that that entails, but he first sent me to get a nerve root injection. I was terrified but it worked out ok. They numbed my back and then they go in and poke around on the nerves until they think they found the nerve that was being affected and inject this steriod into it that should take away the pain. For the first two days, I was in more pain than I had been for a while, but today I went on a long walk and it felt great. Tommy has been having sinus infections and he was sent to have a CT Scan. He will be having sinus surgery next month. And Porter had this yucky cold which I won't go into much detail about but he would gag a lot on the stuff in his throat and the result usually meant a change of clothes for him and whoever was lucky enough to hold him at the time. But things are starting to look on the up and up. I'm feeling better, Porter's feeling better, and Tom will hopefully be feeling better. And most definitely the health care industry is happy that we are paying out so much money lately. Hopefully we will have met our deductible by now and it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jess, this has been a busy couple of weeks. I hope you get feeling better and this injection works out. I hope Porter and Tommy feel better too.
I'm sorry you guys are feeling so crummy and that totally stinks about your back. I'm glad you are feeling better. We need to get together sometime soon!
Can you say medical bills!? Wow jess I'm sorry to hear all of this, but it sounds like all is getting better. Get well soon!!
I'm glad the injection helped!
Sad. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Get better soon so we can play!
Can't wait to see you!
Oh man! I'm sorry you are having such a hard time! I hope everyone in the LeBaron family gets well soon!
Post a Comment