Well, we made it. After only one real training run (yes folks, we were dumb and didn't really run at all before hand) Tom and I completed our first half marathon together! It was such a beautiful run and I would say we did fairly well all things considered. It was kind of a bite the bullet and do it even though I haven't been doing hardly any running because of my back and Tom hasn't been doing much because he is too busy. With the commute, Tom is usually gone for work for about 10.5-11 hours every day! But back to the race. Trent left us early in the race, but his knee bummed out and we met him near the finish line and crossed it with him. My mom and her friends finished before it closed and Carl brought up the back just over the three hour mark. Just to be clear Carl went on two long walks before this and doesn't exercise at all so we are proud that he finished and didn't die in the process. It was a fun little trip and we are so glad Sarah Boucher came down with us to watch Porter while we did it. And I am happy to report the two things I was worried about hurting, my back and my feet, didn't hurt at all. They actually feel better than they have for a while. So maybe this won't be the last race I ever do. . . We'll see.
I do have pictures, but they are on my mom's camera so maybe I'll put some up later.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
We're Back from Bryce
Posted by Jess at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations! And, I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
so proud of you guys! reading this post while eating cookies has been fun. reminds me of when I watch biggest loser while I eat a bowl of ice cream. you guys are so inspirational!! congrats!
awesome guys! I'll bet it was really beautiful down there too.
I'm so proud of you! You are making me think about doing something brave.
Post a Comment