Thursday, November 11, 2010

We Survived!


We are home after being in Provo for four days watching my Aunt Jenny's 5 kids! So. . . maybe I"m not cut out to have that many kids, or maybe having 4 kids 3 and under is challenging! Actually, truth be told, it wasn't too bad, and Porter was in heaven. The hardest parts? Jack waking up every 2 hours day and night (this has been ongoing for the past month plus, we went to the doctor today so hopefully putting him back on acid reflux meds will do the trick!? Here's hoping!) having to give Porter an enema because he had not had a movement in a LONG time, making breakfast and dinner for 6 kids who all want something at the same time, convincing my 12 year old cousin that as a past History Teacher I was more than qualified to assist her with her history homework (if not more so than her mother whom she would secretly call to ask for help), figuring out how to pick up 3 kids from school with four car seats in a 7 passenger van, dealing with piano practicing for hours on end, getting my work done for Shabby Apple and completing a 1.5 hour conference call with 4 kiddos, and not losing my patience with such lack of sleep!

The kids were fabulously behaved for the most part. Bed time was the best. All kids in bed at 8:30 with flashlights that they use to read a book and then lights out (even the 3 year olds) I only hope my kids can be as well trained as that!

I admire all you mothers out there who handle a plethora of children so unbelievably well. I only hope that I can be as good as you when I have more! Jenn, you are awesome and have taught your kids well!

PS: Mags had her baby: 4 lbs 10 oz teeny itty bitty (especially for someone with almost 9 pound babies!), keep them in your prayers!

1 comments:

Ali said...

The flashlight idea is brilliant!

I'm glad you survived! It sounds like you managed really well. The interrupted sleep is a beast. I feel for you!

When my kids are doing their history homework, can they call you?