Saturday, February 11, 2012

February So Far

I feel like every time I sit down to blog I start off my post by saying how crazy life has been.  So I guess it is just the standard for life and at this point I should just take it as the norm.  I can hardly believe that it is already the middle of February, can we start this month over?  

What We've Been Up To?

We had two darling visitors (my 4 year old cousins Josh and MacKay) at our house last week for a two night sleep over and Porter was elated!  We brought the blow up mattress into his room and the three of them had a campout.  My boys were in heaven and I realized I can never have more than one child the same age at the same time.  Meeting all of their demands was exhausting to say the least :) They left last Friday and Tom left for California the next morning and was gone until Wednesday and life has been rather lonely with only children to make conversation.  I continued to only associate myself with children when our Relief Society Activity for couples had an impressive turn out and I had to jump in to the under staffed nursery to help take care of the 30 kids that were ready for bed.  Saying I was excited to have Tom home was an understatement.  



We have also been busy helping my mom and dad prepare and move.  After 20 years in a house there is a lot of crap stuff to sort through and a ton to pack!  We discovered a box from our house in Sandy of items from my bedroom.  Jenna, I finally found my Sullvanian Family Critters (ok, it is 20 years too late but hey I knew I had them somewhere!)  My dad keeps trying to give "cool" stuff to Porter until he finally responded, "Papa, I love you but we don't need any more of your junk."  And I have come to the realization that I in my small house have too much crap and have gone on the rampage.  Maybe the fact that I live so close to a dumpster is a bad thing :)

What else have we been doing?  Well, baking of course because we love to bake lick the bowl clean!

  

0 comments: