We survived! We survived endless days, lonely weekends, daddy-less dinnners, lots of car repairs with two kiddos in tow, mommy story time (seriously I am horrible at the made-up story), and seriously late lonely nights. Sorry is that too dramatic? Well all I can say is I NEVER want to be a single parent because there is no rest for the wary pregnant mom who is on call 24/7 without a backup and life is lonely. So to me it felt that dramatic. (blame it on the pregnancy?) But it is over and having daddy home makes everything better. And why not? Daddy is a better lego builder, a better story teller, a better cuddler, a better imaginary play companion. Who wouldn't miss their daddy? But we survived and it is over for now...
In other news, to celebrate Daddy's return to the family, we enjoyed an ultrasound to find out that this SLOWLY growing baby is a. . .
GIRL!
And we couldn't be more excited! As a perfect ending to the night, Tom and I ran over to the hospital to see our friends the Jackson's new baby girl whom both of us got to snuggle for a minute. That made us both even more excited! Porter was hoping for a girl so he is ecstatic and is drawing pictures for her as we speak. Jack hasn't a clue what is even going on but I fear he is going to have a rude awakening when this baby comes and ousts him from his throne as reigning baby!
12 comments:
Yay! Yay for busy season being over and even bigger yay for a girl! I'm thrilled for you. Now I've got to start saving cute girl stuff for you!
OH MY GOSH! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I thought it was going to be a girl! This baby girl will be one of the best dressed girls in Utah! I'm so happy for you jess!
Wahoo!!!!! So excited for you! So glad that tommy is back too. I agree it is so hard to single parent. I've been doing it this week. Boo.
YAY!!!! So excited for you!
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Congratulations on a baby GIRL!
And welcome home Tom! He must be in the tax season business. My poor sister can relate well to the single Mom lifestyle that occurs this time of year.
So fun! Ya how do you survive without a husband... I don't want to know! Congrats on the baby girl! seriously so fun. I love having a little girly around. that way my drama gets over looked by hers... it's nice:)
We're so excited for another girl cousin! That is happy, fun news. You will be such a fun girl mom too! Get ready for drama....
We're so excited for another girl cousin! That is happy, fun news. You will be such a fun girl mom too! Get ready for drama....
GIRL power!! Love that news. Oh she will be such a sweet little thing. Can't wait to meet her! So so happy for you to have Tommy back around and to have a baby girl. Fun and fun!
Let the crafting begin!!!!! So excited. Love you guys.
So glad Tom is back! It is so hard to do it on your own. And congrats on a GIRL!
Congrats! I hope our next one is a girl...that's not an announcement by the way!
Post a Comment