Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Latest


If you are looking for a baby update, sadly there isn't much to report.  I've been dialated to a 3 for a week and a half and am pretty much stuck there.  Twice at night I have felt like maybe I was going into labor, but alas, nothing.  I shouldn't be that shocked since I'm just barely about to reach my due date and we already know I usually go over, but I have NEVER dialated on my own before so I've become much more anxious.  Although, I don't quite know why.  If I can hold out (or rather, keep her in) until the 26th, Tommy will get 2 weeks PAID paternity leave!  That is his 1 year anniversary at Ernst and Young.  If she decides to make an appearance before that day?  We get 3 days of Paid Leave.  Still better than anything we have ever gotten before (Tom started a new job the day after Porter was born and left me to my own devices) but I really want those 2 weeks!  So we WAIT.  My doctor is actually out of town right now so no induction could even occur until the 24th so we are guessing the 26th will be the day.  (although I'm the master of ALMOST, so I'm guessing she will probably wait and come on her own on the 25th just to spite me, yeah, I'm cynical like that).  But man alive it feels like I have been pregnant for a year and my belly and back hurt so bad all I want to do is sit which doesn't go over well with my boys.



In other news, Porter is back in Preschool and it is WONDERFUL!  Four days a week  I drop him off and come home for Jack to nap for 2 1/2 hours and then we pick him up.  Here's hoping this little lady will cooperate too and give momma some me time:)  But Porter absolutely LOVES preschool.  Although for some reason I feel like it makes him more naughty when he comes home.  He must be so over the top obedient and well behaved at preschool that he then has to get some naughtiness out.  Jack, however, hates that Porter goes to Preschool.  Everyday we go to drop him off and everyday I leave with Jack in my arms screaming because he wants to stay with Porter.  (might I add that every day then is filled with a giant contraction as I carry my HUGE baby and my GIANT belly out of the building)



Tommy has been a building machine lately.  Bunk Beds, refinishing a dresser, building a darling A shelf for baby Adelaide.  He is quite talented I must say and has been a great sport the past few days when I can barely get through the day.  I've been blessed with an amazing husband!

Today Porter informed me that I should definitely be ready to have a baby because my life is so easy!  So I guess that means that we are ready for Baby Adelaide to make her appearance in our family.  Wish us luck on this new journey with a baby girl!

9 comments:

Flori said...

The "A" shelf is really, really cute and we want to see pictures of the bunk beds too! I will cross my fingers for the 26th for you, even though I know you're dying to have this baby. It would be so nice to have that paternity leave!!!

Erika said...

YAY! She's so close. I'll pray for the 26th. And I love the A shelf. When do you want to get together?!

Maggie said...

Who is your special above commenter? Did it make sense to you? :) looks like you guys are all ready! Good luck.

Jess said...

Don't know Mag, I deleted it but looks like I should be going private :)

Carrie said...

Two weeks, two weeks, two weeks...I will chant it for you so Tom gets his paternity leave! Sounds like a little piece of heaven to have your hubby around so much with a brand new one. That is only 1 week away..can you make it??

Can't wait to meet your little girl!!

Lara said...

So excited for a girl to join your family!! You're so close. And we'll hope for the 26th! 2 weeks is amazing!! The A shelf is adorable - go Tom go. Good luck with your last few days

Krista said...

Cute shelf! Tommy is so talented. Sounds awful with having a contraction trying to leave porter. :( I hope the best works out for you with having this baby girl!!!

Natalie said...

I hope she makes it to the 26th:) I know what you mean about husbands not getting breaks. Scott has zero paid vacation because he just started a new job, soooo looks like I will be "left to my own devices" I hate how the last few weeks might as well be a year... my pelvis feels like it is going to break in half. I am excited for you guys! Good luck with everything!

Andrew and Ariel said...

Hope all is going well, LeBarons! We're still waiting over here! And what a great name choice! It's been at the top of our list since Abe's pregnancy, but now that we're actually having a girl, Evelyn is the right name for her. Good luck!