Although the weather did not want to cooperate, we had a fabulous time in Lake Powell. We are so lucky that my mom has such nice friends, the Redds, who include us in their invitations. Their daughter is Haven, the darling little girl that gave Porter the nickname Quarter. On Thursday, we loaded up the Sequoia and headed down with my family as soon as the boys got home from work. We got down there at 12:30 and it was pouring. Luckily, the rain let up just long enough for us to load everything onto the House Boat. I was a little hesitant taking Porter, but it turned out to be a great trip . We even had our own room on the House Boat which made things quite nice. He had a little cold, but that didn't stop him from having fun, although he didn't even get in the water. We hooked his swing to the top of the Boat and he would swing for hours, just enjoying being outside and watching the water. Surprisingly, Porter loved the boat, the life jacket was another story. Porter played really hard which left all of us exhausted. We had tons of fun, the food was great, and we can't wait to do it again in August!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Lake Powell
Posted by Jess at 11:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
The swing idea--brilliant! Porter is such a cutie--I love that first picture of him in his swim trunks and rash guard. I was wondering if it was sunny at least somewhere in the state this past weekend...
Oh fun, I want to come.
Jess,
I'm freaking out about taking Eliza to Lake Powell. Seriously, it keeps me up at night. The swing is a GREAT idea... we have the exact one. If you other ideas, let me know.
Thanks for your comment too!
That little suit is the cutest thing that I have ever seen!
Kai has those same shorts too. ;) so, sisi makes me play bouncy porter (porter jumping) non stop. She loves it. Now, why didn't you make a 5 minute movie of that instead I have to keep pushing play after 17 seconds! I'm glad you guys had atleast had a nice house boat to stay in since the weather wasn't fabulous.
It looks like you had lots of fun! I'm excited for summertime and being out on the boat!
that sounds like so much fun! although, i can't show jeff that post because he'll think that it's a great idea to take her the second she's here :) porter is SO cute!
FUN!! We used to do Lake Powell every year with my dad's side. We would camp on the beach at Lone Rock. We always had so many accidents though. One of my uncles lost his hand and finger in a boating accident, another uncle got struck my lightening, another uncle broke his nose and had his teeth knocked out while para sailing, me and a bunch of cousins got catapulted from a sail boat in the middle of a huge storm...maybe thats why it's been a while since we've been...
Give him a year, then throw the double-skis on. I'm a very affordable trainer.
That's crazy he is in your ward! He is such a great guy! Tell him hi for me if you ever get a chance. I heard he just got married.
Post a Comment