I know I am horrible with pictures, I'll get better. Porter and I went with my mom and her friend and daughter Haven to the zoo on Friday. Although it was slightly chilly, it was wonderful weather for the animals and Porter couldn't be happier. We stopped at the playground first where he noticed some ducks. Ask Porter the lesson he learned and he will tell you that the duck will bite you. He continues to inform us of this fact a number of times throughout the day. They have even more cute babies there now, but Porter has his favorites. He was entranced with Zuri the baby elephant for twenty minutes. As we were moving on, we stopped to see the Rhino. He leaned over the fence and yelled, "Hey Rhino, it's me Porter!" followed by a funny motion with his arms yelling, "and my friends!" As if he and the Rhino knew each other and he was introducing us. Hilarious! He keeps coming up with the funniest phrases. I can't believe he is almost two! He can and will let you know that it is his "bir-day." He also already opened one of his presents while I was in the shower! Naughty! But the naughtiess doesn't stop there. He has once again gone on a hunger strike, he thinks he is justified in biting me when I tell him no, he loves to climb and has now started into full blown lay on the ground basket-case temper tantrums. Oh, how I feel horrible for being that same child when I was little for my mom. Although at times i find it quite humerous, I hope this is only a phase. But if tantrums have anything to do with genetics, Tom and I are in it for the long haul. I am also a bit concerned for the safety of this unborn child since Porter's new form of recreation is to try to push the baby doll in the stroller at Nanny's down the stairs. Am I in trouble here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that you tell it like it is. You're such a great Mom and Porter's just a smart, smart boy! I laughed when I read that he opened a present while you were in the shower!! Knowing who his parents are, baby number two is definitely in safe hands. Porter's going to love his new play-mate.
Ha ha, I'm going to ask Porter about the duck tomorrow. I'm excited to see him! And you of course :)
Porter is a crack-up! I think he gets shy around all the fam and so I don't get to hear all his cute phrases. I love that he just wanted to watch the baby elephant and chat with the rhino :)
Post a Comment