Well, we've crossed the two week mark without too much difficulty but a little exhaustion. We had some minor set backs and a couple more visits to both our doctors and the pharmacy, but I think both Jackson and I are finally on the mend. It is crazy to me how fast he is growing! I guess you just forget. He is such a sweet little thing that sleeps most of the time. We had some rough nights at first, but now he is doing 3 hour stretches which give me some decent sleep. I feel like a terrible mom lately because with being so sick and wanting to snuggle a brand new baby all day long, I find I may possibly be neglecting my other child. I think that is the most challenging thing for me right now is figuring out the balance and making sure Porter still feels loved and gets enough attention.
Porter is adjusting surprisingly well to having his whole world changed. When Jack cries, he tries to be helpful, sometimes to my dismay, by looking for things to make him happy: binkies, bottles, toys, etc. He doesn't quite understand that it is going to be quite sometime before Jack can actually play with him. The other night for FHE, we were coloring pictures of Jesus, and Porter ran into the room and said, "It's color time Jack Jack!" (Oh, to clarify, Jackson has earned the nickname of Jack Jack from Porter. There is a Pixar Short on the Incredibles called "Jack Jack Attack" where the baby sitter calls the mom about Jack Jack. Porter loves to reinact this scene but sadly for now Jackson is known in our house as Jack Jack) He also got his Mack truck and Lightening McQueen cars and brought them in asking Jackson if he wanted to play cars. There is a little jealousy when I am holding Jack and Porter feels that I should hold him as well. And like clock work, Porter turns into a naughty hellion at 5:00 on the button every night. Can't explain it but he goes into destruction mode at this time.
Now, you tell me, do you think my children look alike? These pictures are not the best comparisons but still, tell me they don't look alike!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
2 WEEKS
Posted by Jess at 2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He has such a sweet little smile! Glad to hear you guys are feeling better.
Hey I was just catching up on some blog reading... I totally felt the same way about IMC! Labor and delivery went well, but the stay after wards was pretty lame. Did you ever have a nurse named Tracy? Pretty sure she was on drugs... probably my drugs. Anyway, I'm sorry you had to deal with the bilibed! Ugh, Taryn was so jaundice and we had to have that same bed. That was so hard. Luckily Tenley hasn't had any of those issues. I hope you are feeling better this week, stitches suck... infections suck... but babies are so cute they make it worth it all!
They are TWINS!
so cute! we need to get together soon! the next two years will be hard but then they will be best buddies!
He is soooo cute! I can't wait to meet him. I hope that all is well. Love you guys.
Post a Comment