Up until a few months ago, Porter had never seen a movie and certainly couldn't last through one. Around his birthday we introduced him to Cars and he loved it, well the first part anyways, once they got to Radiator Springs we usually lost him. His love for hats led Tom's dad to bring home a Monster's Inc hard hat and Tom introduced Porter to that show which he loves. This past week my poor sad boy has been sick and the only thing he wanted was to was watch movies. With his incredible memory, I have realized Porter is basically living life pretending he is in a Disney movie. Like his dad, he can see a show once and remember almost every part, character and song. When he is in the tub he is "Going Down the Bayou" with Princess and the Frog. Every room and closet he goes into he then informs us, "no monsters in here!" from Monsters Inc. I was cleaning the house yesterday and he offered to help by bringing the fluffy duster in to me. As he brushed it along the baseboards he started singing, "Almost There!" from Princess and the Frog when she is cleaning the restaurant. All cookies are just like Kanga makes. All fish are friends with Nemo. And every person is now labeled as a mean guy or a nice guy. Now don't get me wrong, I don't just plop my child down in front of the tv all day. Usually movies are reserved for special time with daddy when we get to eat popcorn, but being sick allows for a little indulgence, right? It just cracks me up to see how this little guys brain works. I could listen to him play with his guys for hours, he has such an imagination. But the thing that amazes me is his memory skills. I love being a mom and I love my little guy!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
His Life is a Disney Movie
Posted by Jess at 8:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I loved seeing him at cabin clean up and having him ask where I was taking a piece of wood. Jim told him it was a broken pallet, to which Porter replied, "I can fix it! I have tools!" I feel like every time I see him he is speaking in more and more sentences. I'm excited to hear his lines from Robin Hood.
Post a Comment