What a month it has been. From pink eye and toncilitis, to infections and reflux, to a flood and a bed bug scare, this has been quite a crazy four weeks for our little family. We are pretty much on a first name basis with the pharmacist and have been there twice a week for every week we have been home but I think we are finally all better. Finally at this month mark I feel like I can breath a sigh of relief. It is actually quite humorous when I think about it, rather a comedy of errors. Nothing serious but enough to put a mom with baby blues over the edge.
Now on to Jackson at 1 month. He has grown into a chunk. He is now 10.5 lbs, gaining a pound a week! We are out of most of our 0-3 clothes. He is like night and day compared to Porter as a baby. He has chosen to take his longest sleeping stretch during the day. I find him at 2am staring at the ceiling and wonder how long he has been awake for. He doesn't enjoy shopping or being in his baby seat for too long. His reflux has made him a bit fussy, especially about an hour after he eats. Hopefully his meds will help him with that. I'll wake up in the middle of the night panicked because I hear him gagging and coughing and almost choking on his spit up. He would choose to spend his entire day sleeping on my chest and wants to always be held. (which most of the time I love) We're hoping that getting me a sling will help solve that problem. He has a very expressive face and loves to stare at your face. His favorite thing and something I can always count on to soothe him is bath time. He is such a darling little boy and we love him.
I would love to post some pictures of my cute little boy, but my dumb camera just dumped all of them so I won't.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
One Month
Posted by Jess at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Jess--normal life is enough for any new mama to handle but adding ALL that? I am happy you survived! Sounds like a whirlwind indeed. But at least Mr. Jack is getting all chubby and filled out--that's at least one good thing amid all the chaos :) Here's to a healthier, easier month #2 right?
Post a Comment