So I have definitely neglected the photo department lately, but I will make up for it next week when Jack will have his 6 month photo shoot which I am totally excited for. Tomorrow I'll add some pictures. But Jackson is officially 6 months old and here are his stats:
20.5 lbs. (92%)
28.75" (99%)
and Head: 18.6" (folks, that is over the 100%!)
He is a crazy ball of energy and would love nothing more that to be standing upright and bouncing. He is a pro at rolling over and can scoot backwards quite well. When he tries to crawl forward he ends up swimming by kicking his legs and smacking his hands against the floor. He is still a MAJOR puker so he is not getting better with age. He loves to bounce in the johnny jumper which usually results in a lot of projectile puke. He has started on baby food but doesn't care much for it and after about half a jar he is done. He is in love with Porter and thinks everything he does is hilarious. He is such a giggler but still is totally bi-polar to the extreme. His little laugh is my favorite thing. He has sprouted two bottom front teeth and is apparently working on the next set. He loves his walker and could play in it for hours. His all time favorite thing in the entire world is PAPER. Yes, he loves how it looks, sounds, and would love to taste it as well. We love our little butterball and cannot believe it has already been 6 months. As for the statistics above, I now have to go buy a completely new wardrobe because instead of being 3 months off season of Porter, he is more like 6 months different. The child is wearing 12-18 month clothes now!
On the Porter Potty Training front: 3 days, no accidents, and finally after a bit of worry, a movement. We are quite happy on this front. Although, this child has most definitely inherited my childhood temper tantrums and after reading a few child rearing books, I am still at a loss of how to handle it. Unfortunately for me, the tantrum is usually directed at me and always at least once during the tantrum he informs me that he doesn't like me and wants me to go away. It's been tough to develop a thicker skin and not take it so personally because 10 minutes later he will be telling me how much he loves me but I do have to admit it has made me cry a time or two. How my mom handled this and how I survived childhood are still a mystery to me.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
6 MONTHS
Posted by Jess at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No wonder Noah looked so short! Jack is way taller! You should see if your doctor will prescribe him prevacid. They say it's not supposed to help spitting up but it totally helps Noah. He hardly spits up at all anymore and when I took him off it for a bit he was barfing all the time.
When Emme was a jumping maniac, Chris used to get so grossed out because the tray of her jonny jumper would "gather" all the remnants of her puke and get so nasty, lol! He would always ask me why I hadn't wiped it down (thinking it hadn't been wiped off since we received the hand-me-down), but I was cleaning it like every day! The joys of little pukers. :)
Post a Comment