Well, for all you mac users, just in case you were wondering, when your computer screen goes blank and then the screen flashes with a folder with a question mark in it, that basically means your hard drive is shot! Lucky for me I had just recently transferred all my photos to my external hard drive. Unlucky for me, I had spent a few hours photoshopping some pictures for work and spent hours on a letter to Porter that I have been writing him about his life, both gone! Hopefully they can possibly be recovered but so far Trent has had no luck. Oh yeah, another lucky for me, Trent is a Mac genius! So luckily the mac itself will still be of use to me. He happened to have an extra mac hard drive lying around (who has that?) and has installed it into my computer and reinstalled everything (even a pirated copy of photoshop as I no longer have my discs, yikes!). And all it cost me? A pizza! I guess I must jinx things like when I dreamt that Tom would loose his job. I was just saying that my mac was probably going to die soon and that there was no way I would be able to replace it. And of course, the next week it was gone! Sad day, but at least there is an upside, right?
On a different note, Porter has successfully completed day one of Operation Potty Training with a 5 for 5 record and no accidents! We even went to the grocery store and visited my mom's house. He is now in bed so here we go!!
Monday, September 27, 2010
The Mac Died
Posted by Jess at 8:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am always sad when a Mac dies! Sorry Jess--I am scared of that happening all the time--good job backing up your photo files because that is so hard to remember to do.
Good look with potty training!!
love the dress you did! talented girl! miss you
Post a Comment