Monday, October 1, 2007

Cafe Rio Recipe!!!!!!!!


Ok, so I know there have been lots of recipes out there trying to duplicate the Cafe Rio Recipe, but I believe that Tommy has mastered the Cafe Rio Pork Salad with the Creamy Dressing. I came home from work the other night to the wonderful smell of the Crock Pot and had a delicious meal cooked by Tom. So here it is:
The Pork:
1 lb. pork tenderloin
2-15 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 can of coke
1 garlic clove, diced
1/4 c. cilantro, minced
Place all ingredients in Crock Pot on Medium for at least 4 hours.

The Creamy Dressing:
1 pkt. Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
8 oz. Salsa Verde Green Salsa (La Victoria Brand)
1/2 bunch of cilantro with the stems
2 cloves garlic
3/4 c. mayo
3/4 c. sour cream
1/8 tsp. hot sauce
Mix in Blender. If needed, thin with Buttermilk

The Rice
8 c. water
8 cubes/tsp. chicken bouillon
2 tsp. cumin
4 cloves garlic
12 Tbsp. butter
12 sprigs cilantro
4 c. rice

8 comments:

Ang said...

Now you just have to figure out the chicken for me and it would be perfect!

Lindsey said...

that sounds good! and different recipes than mine. i'll have to try tom's. maybe he should make it for us :)

Ali said...

If this works out for me, I'll owe you a kidney. I am excited.

Erika said...

Yum, sounds good. We will definitely need to try it!

Natalie said...

So I typed in Google for some recipes and yours is the first one that popped up! I was excited to see it for the recipe, but also it has MY last name on it! You are a LeBaron! I was just curious where we were related! I am writing on my sister in laws computer, so you can respond back if you would like. Thanks!!
Heidi LeBaron

Chris Atkinson said...

Hey, that's awesome, do you have any idea how they make their pinto beans?

Agent Tal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
viperpilotwife said...

I just made these 3 recipes and it was perfect! YUM!! Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to make this for my family next time I visit them in Texas since they have never been to Cafe Rio!