Ok, you knew it was coming. I certainly could not keep my political thoughts to myself after the vote tonight. Here is a brief glimpse into my feelings about this bill.
Let me get this straight......we're trying to pass a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke. What the heck could possibly go wrong?
First, I am just gonna say it, I think it is the beginning of the end. Pack your bags folks because we are on fast track to socialism. Can anyone say sign of the times and constitution hanging by a thread? No one has a right to force people to pay for health care and then fine them for not doing it. That is forced consumerism and completely socialistic. Second, it is not the government's responsibility to provide ANYTHING! The government's role in all of this should have been protection: ie. reform of insurance companies and the like, not the creation of their own system. Third, if the reform they are trying to make happen is so great, why are they having to resort to all these desperate and dishonest measures to get it passed? Does that not raise any red flags to even the supporters? Forth, I pay for my insurance and although it may not be great, I'm satisfied with it. I don't expect free healthcare. I think I should pay for it. Insurance doesn't and shouldn't mean free healthcare it should be a way to keep those who have large bills not get smashed under them. It is INSURANCE to help out when we have something big. It is still going to cost me a pretty penny to have this baby, but it was my decision to have a baby and I don't think the rest of you should pay for me to have it. (I won't even touch the abortion thing right now because an executive order can be revoked by the President at any time, and since we know Obama is great at living up to his word I'm glad so many votes came from that order and trusted him)
It isn't that I don't want to help people out, I just think that there are other ways of doing it. And just like most government programs, the majority of the people this will help out are the lazy people who think government owes them something and that they shouldn't have to pay for anything. More than half of the American population was against this bill so I'm glad to see our representatives doing their jobs!
Sunday, March 21, 2010
The Vote
Posted by Jess at 8:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am always so impressed with your understanding and appreciate your willingness to spell it out so I can understand it better.
Totally agree, Jess!
Amen. How anyone thinks this is a good idea is beyond me. So classic that the politicians pushing for it won't even be using it...
I got A LOT of enjoyment out of this post "a surgeon general who is obese" was my favorite. SHEESH. I hate politics.
I'm with ya sista!!!
Post a Comment