Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Grateful

Sometimes I don't think I express my gratitude as much as I should and this week I am definitely grateful.  I'm grateful for a husband who works hard to support his family and loves them more than life itself.  I'm grateful for two sweet little boys that make my life feel so fulfilled and teach me so much.  And I'm grateful for the opportunity to stay home with them and witness every part of their growing up.  I'm grateful for supportive parents who have always been there for me.  I'm grateful for a church calling that helps keep my life in perspective and gives me the opportunity to serve others.  Once you are in the Relief Society Presidency I think it becomes very hard for you to ever feel sorry for yourself as there is always someone who has a greater need or a more difficult trial.  I'm grateful for answered prayers, even when you wish the Lord's timeline was the same as your own.  It is quite a remarkable thing when your finances are slightly more healthy than they were before a job loss.  I'm grateful for great friends who accept me for who I am and are always sure to step in when they can see I need help or just someone to listen.  I'm grateful to be a member of such an incredible church that gives me so much hope and direction in my life. I'm grateful for a dog to help me feel safe when my husband is out of town.  And right now, I'm especially grateful for Tom's new job that he started this week.  What an incredible blessing this was for our family.  And while I know there are many who are unemployed for much longer than we have been, almost 6 months has felt like an eternity and I'm grateful we survived.

0 comments: