On Friday, Porter had the symptoms of a cold, with a stuffy nose and a little bit of a cough, so I took him to the doctor to insure that everything was okay. Not to brag, but I have such a good baby, its hard to know that he isn't feeling well because he is always happy. At the doctor, he was flirting with the nurses. This is "Sick" Porter at the Doctor's Office. The doctor said he had a cold, but that was not RSV. Saturday brought improved symptoms so I thought we were in the clear. I kept him home from church on Sunday, and when Tom got home, we checked his temperature which was 100.4. Since Porter is only two months (a fact I often forget since he is so big), the doctor told us to take him to Kids Kare. After examining him, they had to suction his nose to test for viruses. They stick a large tube up his nose and suction out anything in there. This was horrible to watch as Porter lay on the table screaming. The doctor then sent us to get a chest x-ray. I was wondering how they could keep a child still while doing this, but as we walked into the room, I saw this.
Have any of you ever seen Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, well this is the device Augustus Galoop got sucked up into when he ate the chocolate river. It is actually called a Piggo-Stat Infant Immobilizer, which although looks funny with that child in there, imagine a 2 month old infant. I thought suctioning his nose was bad, I had no idea because this was the worst thing to watch. Once they place him in the "tube", they put a black screen in front of his face. We had to watch through the glass as my poor little boy sat there, his little hands gripping the top, screaming. Luckily, they found nothing on the X-ray and believe he just has a cold. Hopefully we are finally in the clear.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Poor Porter
Posted by Jess at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So sad! I would have been crying watching that happen to him. Glad he's not doing too bad.
Tiny Porter--poor baby! I am relieved to hear that he doesn't have RSV. You guys are lucky to have a sweet baby even when he's sick--now that's a gift! Just keep Porter inside until March right? :) Missed you tonight and hope you recover from your crazy day.
Oh my - what a scary torture looking type of device. Who thought up that thing? Poor Porter! I am relieved he doesn't have RSV. He's definitely a little ladies man!! I hope he kicks this cold quick!
That is the saddest thing that I have ever seen!
Post a Comment